Table of Contents
Best Wok Spatula Overall- Stainless Steel, Wide Metal Spatula with Hollow Long Handle Wok Utensils,Silver/14.7Inch
The Gxone Stainless Steel Long Handle Wide Wok Spatula is a full-size wok spatula at nearly 15 inches long from tip of the handle to edge of the spatula. It is the best wok spatula overall considering all features and price. It is made completely of thickened 304 stainless steel and is very rigid and will last for years and years. It is all stainless steel and does not have a wooden or silicone handle grip like some other spatulas.
Some people like this and some prefer their wok spatula to have some kind of a special grip. Personally, I like it’s all metal design since it will last forever and is so easy to clean. You don’t need to worry about wood cracking or silicone ripping or rubber aging.
The handle is hollow which allows it to be a little lighter than it would be if it was solid steel. This could make it very heavy if it was solid.
- Premium Stainless steel construction- It is made with thickened high quality 304 stainless steel which makes it quite sturdy and resistant to stains and rust. It will last a long time.
- Ergonomic slender design- It is designed with a long handle and flat spade with a rounded edge that allows you to get in the wok edges perfectly.
- Hollow handle- Although it is stainless steel, the handle is hollow which helps it to remain an easy to mange weight of only 212 grams.
- Perfect size- It is just under 15 inches which is a good size for large or medium sized woks.
- Dishwasher safe- it is possible to wash this in the dishwasher, but it is easier to just do it by hand.
- Inexpensive price for a full sized wok spatula
- Long size is great for any size wok
- Stainless steel construction will make the wok spatula last a very long time
- Has over 3000 five star ratings
- Some people prefer wooden or silicone handles
The Gxone Stainless Steel Long Handle Wide Wok Spatula is the best overall wok spatula for the money. It is all stainless steel, ergonomically designed, not too heavy, and just under 15 inches long which makes it suitable for full size woks or medium size woks as well. It is quite inexpensive so almost anyone could afford to get one for their wok cooking. The only downside could be if you prefer a soft silicon handle, or a wood handle instead of stainless steel.
Best Silicone- Honglida Premium Silicone Wok Turner BPA Free 600ºF Spatula Stainless Steel Handle 14-1/5 Inch for Non Stick Cookware (Black)
The Honglida Premium Silicone Wok Turner Spatula has a silicone paddle and a stainless steel handle as well as a small triangle-shaped clip on the end to hang it from a kitchen hook. It has a slightly curved paddle that fits the contour of your wok just right. At 14 1/5 inches long, it is a bit shorter than the Gxone model reviewed above. 141/5 inches is still a good-sized spatula, may be more appropriate for medium-sized woks than the full-size restaurant-style woks.
Specially designed paddle- The paddle is shaped to fit the contours of the inside of a wok much better than many other flat or curved spatula paddles.
High heat pro-grade silicone- The silicone paddle can handle the heat of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit, and it is made of pro foodservice grade silicone.
Fish-belly shaped handle- The special ergonomically shaped handle is wider on the back and slightly thinner towards the paddle, making it very comfortable to hold in your hand.
Durable- The steel handle and high-quality silicone paddle is made of high-quality materials and will last for years
Hook- The hook on the handle allows you to hang it up in the kitchen, which saves space.
- Has a silicone paddle which is great if you are worried about a steel paddle scratching your wok
- Quite inexpensive compared to many other wok spatulas with similar features
- Excellent choice for non-stick woks or large nonstick skillets or flat irons
- Gives you the durability of steel in the handle and the flexibility and safety of silicone on the paddle
- Some people prefer a one piece spatula
If you need a good inexpensive wok spatula with a silicon paddle, you should consider the Honglida Premium Silicone Wok Turner Spatula. It is not expensive, is well constructed, and will work perfectly for your wok, especially if you need a silicon paddle for a nonstick wok or you just don’t want to scratch your wok. There are a few customers complaining that the paddle and the handle joint get loose over time, but for under 15 bucks, if you get a few years out of it, it was well worth the money.
Best Bamboo- Helen’s Asian Kitchen Stir Fry Spatula, Natural Bamboo, 13-Inch
Bamboo is an excellent material for a wok spatula because it will not carry heat from the wok through the handle very well like steel or even silicone can do. Bamboo and other woods simply do not carry heat as well as metal or silicone. The Helen’s Asian spatula is 13 inches long (though there is an option for a 15-inch model if you choose). Thirteen inches is a medium-sized spatula that will work well with any size wok, though some cooks prefer the longer 15-inch woks in order to keep their hands further away from the hot wok and open flames.
It is a utilitarian, no-frills type of spatula with a flat handle design, and a contoured paddle with an asymmetrical paddle that will work well with woks as well as other pans when getting into the corner edge. It is lightweight made from all natural bamboo and has a small hole in the handle to allow you to hang it.
It comes in a few varieties which you can choose at checkout:
- 13” Left-handed
- 13” Slotted spatula
- 15” spatula
- 9” rice paddle
- Made from natural bamboo- Bamboo is a fast-growing, sustainable material that is a great alternative to old-growth wood or metal which can contribute to environmental problems.
- Lightweight- Bamboo is dense and lightweight. It weighs less than wood and is also less absorbent which is desirable when cooking with oil.
- Safe- It is safe on nonstick surfaces, carbon steel, or stainless steel surfaces. Because it is bamboo it is impossible to scratch the surface of metal materials.
- Nonconductive- Because it is bamboo it will not carry heat very well from the wok to your hand.
- Easy to wash- It is a one-piece bamboo spatula that is easy to wash. Do not wash in the dishwasher.
- Bamboo is a great material for cooking utensils
- All natural sustainable material
- Will not scratch any wok
- Hand washing may be annoying to some people as it is not recommended to put in the dishwasher
If you need a bamboo wok spatula, Helen’s Asian Bamboo Wok Spatula is a great option. It is contoured on the paddle to allow you to use it as a serving spatula as well as a cooking utensil. Being made of bamboo is a huge benefit because it will not scratch any wok or carry heat from the wok to your hand. Helen’s has options at check out for different sizes to match your needs, and they are all very inexpensive. The only issue some people may have is that it is flat shaped which may not be as comfortable as other round handles, and the fact that you should hand wash it.
Best Wood Single Spatula- Professional Stir Fry Cherry Wood Wok Spatula-Turner, Saute Paddle, Thai Wok, 14.6″ Long Handled – Sturdy, Durable Eco-friendly, Natural and High Heat Resistance for Non-Stick Cookware – MR. WOODWARE
The Professional Cherry Wood Wok Spatula from Mr. Woodware is a utilitarian wok spatula made of cherry wood with a specially shaped paddle head. It is 14.6” long, which makes it a full-size wok spatula comparable to others reviewed here.
Cherry wood is lightweight and durable, like bamboo, only it is less prone to splintering than some bamboo is. It is easy to care for by washing with a sponge and soapy water. It is quite inexpensive which helps you save some money on other kitchen items, like expensive woks!
- Quality materials- This spatula is made from high-quality cherry wood from Europe. Cherry wood is not very absorbent which helps when cooking, and it will not splinter easily. It will not break or bend easily.
- Easy to care for It is washable with soap and warm water using a simple sponge. Food does not stick to cherry wood very well, which makes cleaning much easier than with a metal spatula which food can stick to easily.
- Coated with food-safe oil which helps repel moisture or food, saving you the work of coating it yourself.
- 14 day money-back guarantee
- Good contour designed paddle works well with woks or skillets
- Easy to wash and care for
- Made of cherry wood which will help it last a long time
- Comes pre oiled
- May have slightly sharp edge at first but will get better as you break it in
If you have decided on a wooden wok spatula, the cherry wood spatula from Mr. Woodware is a good choice. It is well made from cherry wood and shaped just right to work with a wok or a skillet. It is nearly 15 inches long so you can cook without getting your hand too close to hot food and oil. It is already oiled so you will not need to do any preparation when you get it. The only possible issue is that some customers said the paddle edge was a bit sharp when it arrived. If this is the case it will get dull after one or two uses.
Best Steel Set- Spatula & Ladle Wok Tool Set, 14.2-15 inches wok utensils, Stainless Steel wok spatula
This set is perfect for wok and skillet cooking with a ladle for scooping liquids and the wok spatula for turning meat and stir-frying in a wok. The spatula is 15” long and the ladle is just a little bit shorter at 14.2” long total. They are made from high-quality stainless steel and treated with titanium plating. Both utensils are a light black color due to the titanium coating. They are safe and rustproof and will last quite a long time.
Because this is a set of 2, it costs a bit more than some of the others in this roundup, but it is well worth the money. It is useful if you are making soups, stir fry, noodles, or any meal where you normally use a spatula or a ladle. They have attractive wood handles which make them quite appealing to look at and the wood handles will not get very hot.
- Stainless steel material- The stainless steel material will last a long time and is also coated with titanium making both utensils difficult to scratch or damage.
- Full size- The spatula and ladle are commercial grade and designed to work at home or in a professional restaurant. The 15” length format is perfect for professional cooking or home cooking.
- Wide spatula- The spatula has a nice wide shovel tip so you can flip and manage large pieces of meat or even turn burgers on the grill or pancakes in a skillet.
- Versatile- This set will work with cast iron, stainless steel, or other materials.
- One-piece- The steel section of the tools is all one piece so there are no solder joints to wear out over time.
- Attractive looking set
- Sturdy and long lasting
- Comes with ladle and spatula
- Will work in a restaurant or home
- Stainless steel is not the best material to use with nonstick woks
If you have stainless steel or cast iron wok and are looking for some high-quality utensils to use while you cook, the Fjnatinh spatula and ladle set is the best for the money. They have attractive wood handles and titanium-coated stainless steel bodies which certainly look more expensive than they are. The set is versatile enough to use for all cooking and not just stir fry or wok cooking. The spatula is big enough to flip omelets or pancakes while the ladle is deep enough to use for serving soup or pasta sauce. This set will definitely damage nonstick woks or skillets because the metal is designed to be hard and sturdy, and nonstick coatings will not be able to handle them. However, if you need a good set and have cast iron or stainless cookware, this set is an excellent choice.
Best Wood Set- Mr.Dakai Wooden Spatula for Cooking Nonstick, Kitchen Wok Spatula Utensil Set,14″ Wooden Turner Serving Tool for High Heat Stirring in Nonstick Pans
The Mr. Dakai Wooden Spatula set comes with 3 utensils:
- Slotted spatula
- Small spatula
The two main pieces in the set, the slotted spatula and spatula are 12 inches long with three-inch wide paddles, while the small spatula is 8.3 inches long with a 2.7-inch paddle. The set is not as long as many of the other wok spatulas. They are made of solid beechwood which will not splinter or fray. They are natural wood color and not painted or stained. Because they are wood, they will not scratch or damage any wok or skillet. They are dishwasher safe and easy to clean as well.
- 3 piece set – This set comes with three pieces which makes it versatile and useful in the kitchen in different situations.
- Beechwood construction- Beech wood is a hardwood that is easy to keep clean.
- Burnished surfaces- The surfaces of the utensils are all burnished three times and coated so that they will repel water and will not shed splinters or crack and chip.
- Holes in the handles make them easy to hang and store.
- Great value for the money
- High quality set that will not scratch woks
- Made of natural beech wood
- East to clean and take care of
- Not long enough for very large woks or commercial use
If you need a solid wood spatula set for home use, the three pieces set from Mr. Dakai is a great option. It has a spatula for every use, and they are made from high-quality hardwood that will not splinter or dry out over time if you take proper care of them. There is nothing fancy about this set, and it is quite affordable, but it is a utilitarian spatula set that will do the job for not too much money.
Best Bamboo Set- GEEKHOM Bamboo Spatulas for Nonstick Cookware, 13 Inch Extra Large Wooden Wok Turners, Slotted Spatula for Cooking 2 Pack, Heat Resistant Kitchen Utensils Set, Flipper for Pancake Fish Egg
The Geekhom bamboo wok set comes with two spatulas, a slotted and flat version. They are 13 inches long and made 100% from bamboo. Bamboo is a very hard wood and is known to be excellent for cooking utensils due to the nature of bamboo. It will not crack or splinter as easily as wood can. This set is safe to use on any type of wok and will not scratch or damage the cooking surface, even nonstick pans, and woks.
Bamboo spatulas are quite resistant to heat and will not make your fingers hot when using them in a hot wok or skillet. The spatulas are ergonomically shaped, so they feel comfortable in your hand.
- Safe and natural material- Bamboo is all-natural and safe for use with food. It is not going to scratch or damage any of your cookware.
- Nonstick safe- Many wok spatulas will damage your nonstick woks, especially stainless steel, or carbon steel. These bamboo wok spatulas will not leave any scratches on your nonstick wok or skillet.
- Durable- Bamboo is quite durable and hard to break.
- Space-saving- These spatulas come with large hanging holes making it easy to hang them on kitchen hooks. They are also small enough to stack in a standard-sized kitchen drawer or cupboard.
- Extremely affordable 2 piece set
- Well-made and long lasting
- Safe for nonstick surfaces
- Mold resistant
- Only two pieces in the set
The Geekhom bamboo wok spatula set is the best deal for bamboo spatula sets designed for woks and skillets. It comes with two spatulas made of solid bamboo which has been nicely finished and will not crack or splinter. This set is very affordable and will do the job of turning meat, or cooking stir fry quite well and it will not cost you much money. The only complaint is that there are only 2 pieces in the set.
With so many affordable wok spatulas available, choosing which one will work best for you can be overwhelming. There are different sizes, shapes, and materials out there, all have different pros and cons, and they all have different price points. In order to make a more informed buying decision, you should learn all the different types of wok spatulas.
Types of Wok Spatulas
Wok spatulas make it easy to get a stir fry done or to cook different meals in a wok.
Wood spatulas are great for using with nonstick woks because they will not scratch the surface of the wok. Nonstick woks are known to be easy to scratch, but wood spatulas are not hard enough to cut into the surface.
They tend to be less expensive than stainless or carbon steel spatulas, but they will do just as well of a job. The downside to wood spatulas is that some of them can splinter or dry out over time.
Bamboo has many of the same benefits as wood, such as not scratching nonstick surfaces and being easy to use. Bamboo is a little different than wood in that it will not splinter as easily as some wood does, and it can be harder, too. The downside to bamboo spatulas is that they can be a bit more expensive than other types of wood.
Stainless steel wok spatulas are used for cooking with stainless steel or carbon steel woks. They should not be used with nonstick woks or skillets because they will scratch the nonstick surface. Many professional chefs prefer stainless steel cooking utensils because of their durability and stainless steel’s ability to resist rust and to last a very long time.
Stainless pieces will transfer the heat from a hot wok or pan all the way up the spatula to the handle if you keep it in the heat long enough. Because of this, many stainless wok spatulas come with different materials on the handles. Silicone and wood are two of the most common materials used on the handles.
These spatulas are extremely durable and will last for a long time. The only downside of stainless spatulas is that they can not be used with nonstick cooking surfaces.
What to Look for in a Wok Spatula
One of the first things to be aware of when shopping for a wok spatula is the size. If you do lots of cooking with a full-size wok, you will want to get a long spatula to keep your hands a good distance from the heated surface of the wok. On the other hand, if you typically cook with a small wok or skillet you can pick up a smaller spatula. Most wok spatulas come in a few sizes:
- 12” spatulas- these are considered small
- 13-14”- These are medium-sized
- 15”- These are full-size spatulas for professional use and large woks.
The type of spatula you need will depend on what kind of wok you have, and what your cooking needs are. If you have nonstick cookware, you can cross stainless steel utensils off your list. Bamboo or wood spatulas are the only types you should use on your nonstick surfaces.
If you use stainless or carbon steel cookware, you can get any of the three types of spatulas. Wood or bamboo is easier on your cooking surfaces, but may not scrape hard, cooked-on food off the surface of your wok or skillet. Stainless steel spatulas will be effective at scraping food off the cooking surface but may also scratch the surface.
Other than what type of wok you use, your personal preference and needs will also come into play when choosing your spatula. Wood or bamboo tend to be more lightweight, but they are not as hard. Many people simply prefer to use wood utensils for many different reasons. There are some good reasons to choose steel as well, but it really comes down to what you like cooking with the best.
The shape of the spatula is also an important determining factor. If you do mostly skillet cooking, you may want to opt for a spatula with a flat straight paddle or shovel edge. If most of your cooking is done in a wok, you should look for a spatula with a curved edge so it can easily get to the contours of your wok.
Most wok spatulas have fairly long handles, ranging from 12 to 15” from edge to edge. The length of the spatula should be longer if you are using large deep woks. The reason for this is that deep large woks will have lots of surface area that is hot to the touch and hot oil very close to your hand and arm. If your wok handle is long, like the 15-inch spatulas are, your hand and arm will be far enough away from the wok and the hot food inside to avoid being burned.
Handle shape is also something to consider, though it won’t have any bearing on how well the spatula works, it is still important for your comfort while cooking. Some people like flat handles because that is what they are used to, while others like rounded or cylindrical style handle, while others prefer contoured ‘fish belly’ style handles. It all comes down to what feels comfortable in your hands.
Price factors into every buying decision whether you are buying spatulas or home appliances. Nobody has much spare money these days. Luckily, wok spatulas are not expensive. Even the high-end spatulas are not very expensive, so you will not have to worry too much about spending a lot of money on a wok spatula.
Even though these spatulas are not expensive, you still want to make sure you are getting a good deal, and not spending too much on your purchase. These spatulas are all fairly close to each other in price, varying not much more than five or ten bucks from each other.
Since none of them are expensive you will want to pay close attention to the value for money factor. If a spatula is cheap, make sure it is well made and has plenty of good reviews to back it up. You will not be spending much money, even for the best spatulas, so the best way to look at it is to make sure you are getting the right type and shape of spatula and think of price as the least important factor since it is not going to be expensive.
Some spatulas come with warranties, usually 14 or 30 days, with some offering additional warranties for extra money. My opinion when it comes to warranties on low-cost items is to only take the warranty if it is free. After all, it makes no sense to spend 15 bucks on a warranty for a 15 dollar item when you could just buy a new item for the same price. There are a handful of wok spatulas that provide a free warranty or money-back guarantee, this is a nice bonus but in my opinion, it is not a necessity since the investment is so small.